Today, we published a special Members Market Trend Update Blog and Video, outlining our current technical view of the S&P 500 (SPX) and Nasdaq 100 (NDX), along with updated risk-management and volatility management concepts.
Tomorrow, we will publish our Weekly Trend Report & Video, and outline our Top 10 ETF and Top 20 stock uptrend ideas, as we do every Sunday.
*If volatility or selling picks up this week, we already have a full plan in place.*
To access today’s Members Only Market Trend Update Blog and Video, please join here: https://bluechipdaily.com/join-blue-chip-daily/
At Blue Chip Daily Trend Report, we focus on a consistent, disciplined process focused on price analysis and trend analysis. We don’t make bold predictions, or focus on economic news or predictive chart patterns. We don’t get locked in to a directional market view, but instead focus on price and trend, to find upside opportunities and manage risk.
We share our best technical insights, analysis and commentary daily for our Members and our ideas and open positions are tracked in real time on a 24/7 access tracking page. We also share daily educational market and stock video, risk management concepts and profit scaling concepts to book profits and manage open risk.
YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR THIS BLOG:https://youtu.be/Klky0VNLT-I
1. Defensive from February 19 – March 13 – we alerted our Subscribers and adjusted our equity market positioning from an accumulation mode into a more defensive capital preservation mode. (Full details below)
2. Scaling back in March 14 – March 26 we outlined for our Members our plans to start to scale back into equity markets, based on price and technicals. We have been building positions since March 18. (Full details below)
3. We have continued to post for Members our daily best technical ideas, market commentary and technical insights through the entire market cycle to date. Some of our posted daily best ideas have reached over +100%, and current open positions have reached up to +50%, (Full details below)
1. LATE FEBRAURY 2020 – GOING DEFENSIVE AT $SPX 3200
The entire Blog & Video can be seen here: https://bluechipdaily.com/we-went-risk-off-when-spx-broke-3200-heres-why/
February, 19, 2020, when the S&P 500 ($SPX) put in it’s all time high at 3393, we alerted Subscribers that we were raising stops on open positions, which is a defensive risk-management adjustment.
February 25, with $SPX at 3200, we alerted Subscribers that we were going into a fully defensive, capital preservation mode, with no new single stock buys below $SPX 3200.
From February 25 – March 17, 2020, we stayed in a fully defensive, capital preservation, very high cash and limited activity mode, which we shared daily with our Members, and avoided the vast majority of the record decline in the S&P 500.
2. MID MARCH 2020 – STARTING TO SCALE BACK IN
The entire Blog & Video can be seen here: https://bluechipdaily.com/we-started-buying-stocks-on-march-18-heres-why-blog/
March 14, in our Weekly Trend Report & Video, we outlined for Subscribers our plan to start to build equity positions, having been 100% in cash. $SPX at the time was 2478.
March 18, with $SPX trading in the 2300 range, we scaled into or first equity buy, in the Technology ETF, XLK.
3. That same evening, we published for our Members our ‘Blue Chip Top 25 Recovery Ideas’ Blog and Video, with our best longer term ideas in large cap names across a variety of industries.
March 23, 3 trading days after our first new buy, $SPX put in the low for this year currently, at 2191.
4. March 26, I posted a public Blog on our website and on Twitter outlining the facts that in the 2008/2009 Bear Market, 196 S&P 500 stocks put in their lows before the market itself bottomed, in March 2009. The key message here was that we were focused on individual charts for opportunities as much as the index itself.
5. April 5, we posted for Members an ‘Energy sector’ Blog & Video with our best ideas in the space. At the time,
– Energy ETF XLE was trading at $30.15, It went on to a high of $46.23, +53%, on June 8.
– Energy ETF, XOP was trading at $33.66, and went to $71.53, +112%, on June 8.
– Haliburton, HAL, was trading at $7.52 and went to a high of $16.45, +118%, on June 8.
6. May, 31, we posted for Members our “Top 10 Potential Long-Term Recovery Ideas” Blog & Video, with a list of our Top 10 cyclical recovery ideas, for those who were interested.
That week, the top ideas were +54%, +41% and +33% in that week alone.
7. FOLLOW UP, BEST IDEAS AND DAILY INSIGHTS
We have continued to post daily Best Technical Ideas on our website and premium Twitter feed for Members, and have avoided market predictions or a focus on news or economic data, and stayed true to our model to follow price and the charts themselves.
Since then, some of our best posted ideas include:
Zoom Communications up 133% since Blue Chip Daily posted a best trade ideas alert on March 08, 2020 at $107.85 a share.
Shopify up 121% since Blue Chip Daily posted a best trade ideas alert on April 08, 2020 at $407.51 a share.
DocuSign up 98% since Blue Chip Daily posted a best trade ideas alert on March 24, 2020 at $85.02 a share.
Square up 53% since Blue Chip Daily posted a best trade ideas alert on May 07, 2020 at $68.10 a share.
Nvidia up 43% since Blue Chip Daily posted a best trade ideas alert on April 13, 2020 at $261.82 a share.
Microsoft up 41% since Blue Chip Daily posted a best trade ideas alert on March 20, 2020 at $142.71 a share.
Amazon up 40% since Blue Chip Daily posted a best trade ideas alert on March 25, 2020 at $1,933.88 a share.
Apple up 36% since Blue Chip Daily posted a best trade ideas alert on April 7, 2020 at 262.47 a share.
A more detailed look at posted best ideas, with screenshots, charts and technical commentary can be seen here: https://bluechipdaily.com/best-trades-2/
Adding our disciplined, consistent technical and risk management process to your investing program may be one of your best investments this year.