1. Following is our 2021 Equity Markets Preview and Best Ideas Lists going into the New Year.
2. All data below is for informational purposes only.
3. This technical outlook is based on current pricing and charts. Markets, trends and charts can change substantially over the course of the year, and often early in the year.
4. We are continuing to use a standard 15% stop level on any new positions, and 20% for more volatile ideas, which helps to limit downside risk.
5. Any ideas carry market risk, sector risk and single stock risk.
6. None of the ideas on this page have been screened for earnings reporting dates at all.
7. There is no representation made that any of these ideas will be profitable.
8. An asterisk indicates a higher volatility idea.
- Global equity markets have been trending higher overall and have made new highs recently. For our time frame, this is constructive price action.
- We believe that markets are pricing in an economic and cyclical recovery, based on the charts, and we are positioned for more follow through here.
- US Treasury bond yields have been rising, and the yield curve is steepening, another sign of an expected economic recovery.
- We favor higher beta sectors currently (tech, communications services, consumer discretionary, energy, industrials, and materials, also financials).
- If our views above are wrong, our ideas below could underperform.
VIDEO FOR THIS BLOG: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/GvXwh7HgOcgEF2XqQ0BM02ExZbEmhnhsZZSYsp4DNzUUtL9Wl9Ht6nMlmgheltM.G4ArJ-I0w5IAd-m8?startTime=1609612047000
2021 BLUE CHIP DAILY FOCUS SECTORS
SECTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR FOCUS LIST
Top 3 Potential Recovery Groups:
Travel & Leisure
Top 3 Aggressive Growth Groups:
Renewable Energy & Electric Vehicles (EV’s)
2021 BLUE CHIP DAILY TOP 25 LIST
This is our Top 25 Focus List coming into 2021.
It is diversified by sector, to include our Focus Sectors.
The ideas presented are seeking capital appreciation and some are higher beta.
Top 25 List Focus Charts
(An * indicates higher potential volatility).
AAPL, ALB, AMD, BA, C, CAT, DIS, ENPH*, ETSY, EXPE, FCX, GE, LLY, MELI, MS, MT, NVCR*, PINS, QCOM, ROKU*, SE, SHOP, SLB, TSLA*, TWLO
RECOVERY IDEAS LIST
This is a higher potential reward/risk list, and may be much more volatile based on reopening news.
All stocks were down 30% or more in 2020.
AAL* ,CCL, M*, OXY, SPG, WFC
SPECUALTIVE IDEAS LIST
This is a higher potential reward/risk, higher volatility list.
The Speculative ideas list is compiled for Members who are specifically looking for higher growth ideas, with an understanding they they can be more volatile than average and could have a higher than average fail rate.
This is not a focus of the site, but is complied at Member request.
These are charts only, for further research.
APPS*, BLDP*, CRNC*, CRSP*, FVRR*, LTHM*, NIO*, PLUG*, RIG*, SDGR*, SPWR*, X*
AAPL, AMD, APPS*, CRWD, ENPH*, MA, MU, NET, NVDA, PAYC, PYPL, QCOM, SHOP, SQ, STNE, TSLA*, TSM, U, ZEN, ZS
COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES SECTOR
ATVI, DIS, FB, MTCH, NFLX, PINS, ROKU*, SE, SNAP, SPOT, TWLO, Z
CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY (CYCLICAL) SECTOR
AMZN, CCL*, CHWY, DRI, ETSY, EXPE, FIVE, GM, MELI, MGA, NKE, PENN, PTON*, SBUX, ULTA
COP, CVX, EOG, FANG*, HAL, MPC, OXY, PSX, RIG*, SLB, VLO, XOM
ALLY, BAC, BRK/B, C, COF, DB, FITB, GS, JPM, MS, USB, WFC
HEALTH CARE SECTOR
A, ABBV, ABMD, ALGN, CRSP*, GH, HCA, IDXX, JNJ, LLY, MDT, NVCR*, PKI, TDOC*, VEEV*
AAL*, BA, BLDP*, CARR, CAT, CSX, DE, GE, GNRC, HON, IR, PLUG*
ALB, AVTR, CLF*, DD, DOW, FCX, MOS*, MT, NTR, SBSW, SQM*, TECK*, VALE
SECTORS THAT WE ARE NOT FOCUSED ON FOR 2021
CONSUMER STAPLES (DEFENSIVE) SECTOR
BUD, DAR, EL, KO, MNST, PEP, STZ, SYY, TGT, WMT
REAL ESTATE SECTOR