Paul Tudor Jones is a self-made Billionaire trader. I first read his interview in Market Wizards over 20 years ago and these statements below have helped shape my trading career. The following 15 statements were taken verbatim from his chapter in Market Wizards and from his interview with Tony Robbins. Like all of the truly great traders, Jones is laser focused on risk control.
1. “The market is going to go where it is going to go”
2. “You always want to be with whatever the predominant trend is.”
3. “At the end of the day, your job is to buy what goes up and to sell what goes down.”
4. “Never overtrade”
5. “I am always thinking about losing money, as opposed to making money”
6. “Risk control is the most important thing in trading”.
7. “When I am trading poorly, I keep reducing my position size”.
8. “Don’t ever average losers”
9. “Increase your volume when you are trading well”.
10. “The most important rule of trading is to play great defense, not great offense”
11. “Every day I assume every position I have is wrong
12. “One principle for sure would be to get out of anything that falls below the 200-day moving average.”
13. “I always believe that prices move first and fundamentals move second”
14. “I try to avoid any emotional attachment to a market”
15. “Don’t focus on making money, focus on protecting what you have”
PTJ on the 200-day Moving Average https://bluechipdaily.com/paul-tudor-jones-the-200-day-moving-average/